Ortega High School

Skip to main content
En Español

Financial Aid

You can help your child apply for Financial Aid towards their post-secondary education!
Please use the resources listed on the right panel.
What is the FAFSA?
The FAFSA is the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. Students submit the FAFSA to apply for financial aid for college from the federal government, state governments and most colleges and universities. About 20 million students file the FAFSA each year. Financial aid includes grants, scholarships, student employment and student loans.
  • Step One to helping your child complete the FAFSA App is to create an FSA ID here. Please note, both you and your child need to create an FSA ID.
  • Apply to the FAFSA here.
  • Use the Checklist on the side panel to gather needed information for the Application.
What is the CADAA?
The CADAA is the California Dream Act Application which allows undocumented and nonresident students (U.S. Citizens and eligible non-citizens) who qualify for a non-resident exemption under Assembly Bill 540 (AB 540) to receive certain types of financial aid such as: private scholarships funded through public universities, state administered financial aid, university grants, community college fee waivers, and Cal Grants.In addition, the California Dream Act, allows eligible students to pay in-state tuition at any public college in California. Please note, this application is unrelated to the federal Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program.
  • Apply to the CADAA here.
  • Use the Checklist on the side panel to gather needed information for the Application.
Also consider encouraging your child to apply for scholarships too!
For further questions please contact the College and Career Center Technician at (951)253-7065 ext. 3056.
Also visit the College and Career Center Page for more important resources towards your child's future goals.